Like what you see? Follow me!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Honest Award

HonestScrap…I’ve been wondering when this would be necessary.

Crap. HonestCrap…I’ve been debating on what to write about.

***BAD WORD THAT STARTS WITH F. HonestFlip…My mind turns at every corner, yet I cannot find words to fit in the swerve.

Foot Taps. HonestTap…I do not like tap water.

Scrap.  HonestScrapAward.  Write.  Now.

Once again, my dear friend and Rebel, Olivia has given me an undeserved award. The Honest Scrap Award. She has given this, in spite of the fact that lately, I cannot figure out how to be honest in words.

Maybe this is the gear-up to get back. Ten honest things about me, as per usual upon the award acceptance speech. But first, I must say thank you to my Rebel, you may have helped me get back into my life, or rather, get my life back.

1. (For my Olivia.) I am 4’10”. I don’t know why, but I haven’t grown in height at all since 5th grade. In reality, I haven’t grown much anywhere since 5th grade.

2. I am currently at a crossroads. I think I’ll choose the road less travelled. No matter what you or anyone else thinks. No, I do not know how this will affect me in the long run, but it’s a risk I’m going to have to live with, not you.

3. I needed the aid of the internet to figure out if it was effect or affect in the last one. In spite of my grammar-superstardom, I still get those two confused. It frustrates me beyond words.

4. I have recently found that I do not believe in the things I have always wanted to believe in. Others believe, but I do not. I guess somethings are not meant for everyone.  And wants cannot always be achieved.

5. Someone asked me to start journaling recently. In spite of my love of writing, it is harder than anything I have had to do in recent memory. It has been helpful, and also has led me to abandon myself fully to new ideas about myself and others.

6. I recently starting Yelping.  No, not dog noises, but the website.  I guess I think since I can (sort-of) cook now, that gives the right to judge others.

7. Learning to cook is the best thing I have done for myself in a long time.

8. My favorite movies are Back to the Future (all three), The Hours, and Annie Hall. I watch the last two every time I’m sick or sad and they make me feel better. I have a tendency to say “la-di-da” like Annie Hall when I can’t think of anything to say.

9. My favorite color has always been green. But I lean towards blue for most purchases.

10. This list took over an hour to write. It is hard to get past my own insecurities.

I’d like to leave you with a song. My current obsession of a song. I can’t stop listening to this one. It’s pretty new, shocking, I know. But there’s something in the beat and the lyrics that drive me to a familiar place.